Even for wheelchair users, standing offers tremendous health benefits, including improved respiration, posture and digestion.
- Offers sit-to-stand
action that can combine the option
of supine positioning to create infinite
positioning possibilities: 90-90 sitting, fully
vertical standing, full supine lying, and any
point in between.
- New flat and
curved lateral options now available across
the entire Bantam line of standers!
supports can provide excellent midline
positioning for children with limited trunk
Altimate Medical Inc.
- The only multi-position stander that pivots two directions, allowing the unit to go from flat-to-load supine to 20 degrees prone in one motion.
- There is no need to transfer the user in and out, flip pads, foot plates and trays. This ability provides a therapeutic opportunity not possible with other standing frames.
- One of the few standers that provides the option of up to 30 degrees of independent leg abduction.
Posture Control Walkers/Gait Trainers
- Enables walking with support at the back/posterior of the body.
- Accessories and components can provide weight-bearing assistance and specific positioning of the trunk, pelvis, legs, arms and heads as required by the child.
- Designed to make walking less energy consuming and to improve alignment and maximize a user’s potential for walking.
- Available in six sizes for toddlers through adults; all models fold for storage.
Altimate Medical Inc.
- User’s arms move the glide handles, and that motion is reciprocated in the legs, resulting in a motion similar to cross-country skiing.
- Active standing combines increased lower-extremity range of motion and upper-body strengthening while bearing weight.
- Available in two sizes (medium and large) and fits users from 4' tall to 6'2" tall and weighing up to 280 lbs.
Convaid | R82
- This upright standing frame has adjustable support for feet, knees, pelvis and chest.
- Can be positioned in anterior or posterior; an optional rocker base can be added to develop dynamic postural control.
- Available in three sizes, fits children and teens, and it keeps pace with them as they grow.
- Use easy-to-add modular components as the child’s needs change.
- Designed to enable children to learn via movement.
Supine to prone in one motion
- EasyStand’s Zing MPS Size 2 brings the Zing’s many benefits to bigger kids — those from 40" to 60" tall and weighing up to 154 lbs.
- Pivots in two directions, which allows the unit to go from flat-to-load supine to 20° prone in one motion.
- No need to transfer the user in and out, flip pads, footplates and trays to change position.
- Offers up to 30° of independent leg abduction.
- Available with Gas Spring Lift (pictured) or Pow’r Up Lift, and is now available to order.
- Choose from a wide array of options, from planar pads to hygienic pad covers and directional locking casters.
Custom Standing Option
- Amysystems’ power positioning and seating
options range from power tilt to power recline
with shear reduction, power elevating seat,
elevating and articulating legrests or foot
- Amysystems engineers
are capable of customizing options such as
anterior tilt and standing on an as-needed
- The company offers aftermarket seating & positioning systems as well as its own Alltrack
series of power wheelchairs in mid-wheel and
rear-wheel drive, plus pediatric (Series P) and
heavy-duty options — the latter has a standard
client weight capacity of 550 lbs.
Jenx Monkey Prone Stander
- Allows for a smooth progression
from a comfortable prone-on-elbows
position into an upright standing position, all
in one session.
- The Monkey — which recently
underwent an aesthetics upgrade — can
accommodate young children from 9 months
to 4 years old, and is designed for little ones
with good head control who will benefit from
- Tool-free adjustments make it easy
for caregivers to adjust positioning supports
as the child grows, and the Monkey’s compact
footprint fits right into school or home.
LifeWalker Mobility Products
consumers to stand in an upright posture as
they walk, which can be a more comfortable
position compared to typical positioning in
a traditional walker or rollator.
- Designed to enables the users to walk
within the device’s footprint rather than
behind the walking aid.
- To meet the needs
of users of different sizes, the Upright
features adjustable armrests and handles that
enable users to stand up tall and look ahead.
- Also has handles to help users stand up, plus caliper brakes and
shock absorbers for a more comfortable, stable
- Designed for users with impaired balance
and reduced lower-limb strength, QuickMove
offers support as users rise via their own
- Transfers the user
— in sitting or standing position — from bed
to chair, wheelchair, toilet or car.
- Engineered to
mimic natural movement patterns, QuickMove
can be used by consumers who have some
arm strength and can bear their own weight.
- Features adjustable lower leg
support/knee brace support, adjustable base
width and adjustable buttock cushions that can
be angled to accommodate most users up to
- Accessories can offer additional torso/side support and stability.
F5 Corpus VS
- Described as “standing without compromise,”
Permobil’s new F5 front-wheel-drive power
base with the Corpus VS standing option
allows the user to drive from any point of the
- A redesigned chest bar
offers greater user comfort and stability while
- Retains 50° of
posterior tilt, 85-180° of power recline and an
optional 14" of seat elevation so users can access the precise positioning they need
to optimally function throughout the day.
power positioning options also enable the user to achieve the best weight-shifting
positions, while enjoying improved respiration
and circulation in standing mode.
LEVO USA Inc.
LAE Standing Chair
- A lightweight, manually propelled
wheelchair with manual standing functionality.
- Integrated into the aircraft aluminum frame are
two gas struts that assist the client in rising to
a fully standing position.
- Can also be
paused at any vertical position on the way up,
so the user can choose the positioning that’s
ideal for comfort and function.
- The standing
function is designed to be smooth and easy to
operate to put the consumer in more complete
control of his/her environment while enjoying
the benefits of pressure relief, improved respiration,
improved digestion and building up of
Dynamic S3 & DS4
- Designed for those who do not develop
adequate balance, weight shift or postural
control to stand or walk unaided, Kaye’s
dynamic multi-positional standers allow
360° of movement within the base support
while the client is standing.
- The excursion of
movement of the stander is adjusted via a
spring-loaded crank, and range of movement
can be increased as users develop confidence.
- Resistance to movement can also be adjusted
so clients can work on postural control.
- Enables users to experience natural
weight shifts that occur when reaching or
performing self-care activities.
- The tray comes
- Available in extra-small
and small sizes to fit your littlest clients measuring approximately
36" to 54" tall.
infinite positioning between
90-90 seating, vertical standing
with full extension, and supine/flat to load.
- A new supine/positioning controller makes
changing positions even faster.
- New, smaller trays, including
a swingaway shadow tray, are
also now available.
F5 Corpus VS
Standing without compromise: That’s how
Permobil describes its new F5 front-wheel-drive
power chair with Corpus seating. Its owner can
stand and drive at any point of the standing
sequence. The Corpus system offers 14" of seat
elevation, plus tilt — 50° posterior (rearward)
and any degree of anterior (forward) tilt, up to
a fully standing position. Powered anti-tippers
deploy automatically during the standing sequence
to provide a stable platform regardless
of standing angle.
This new pediatric multi-position stander allows
a child to move seamlessly from supine (on his
back) to prone (on his front) without having to
change or turn pads, trays or footplates. In one
fluid motion, the child can change positions
among supine, upright and prone. And Zing’s
many options and features make it easy to customize
the standing experience for each user:
For instance, Zing can achieve leg abduction up
to 30° per leg, and the adjustable tray is angle
adjustable and swings away.
Mulholland Positioning Systems
Omni 2 Mobil
For pediatric clients up to 80 lbs., this stander can be used either prone or supine, with all body supports adjustable in multiple ways to achieve an optimal fit. Shoe supports adjust for plantar flexion, dorsiflexion, inversion, eversion and rotation. Options include neckrests, shoulder pads and trays.
This hands-free, rear-suspension, dynamic weight-relieving walker encourages the interactive movements required in a typical gait pattern. The graded suspension system allows for increased/decreased lift by easy adjustment. Available in three sizes, from 12" to 35" inseams, and with optional forearm and shoulder supports and an abduction pommel.
Clarke Health Care Products Inc.
The Dolomite Step-Up is a platform support with an H-style frame to freely roll under chairs or wheelchairs for best transfer positioning. The hydraulic model can assist client to a standing position. Soft arm pads provide pressure relief and can be adjusted for best positioning; they can also be fitted with brakes, grips or elbow stops.
Dalton Medical Corp.
This semi-electric, aluminum-framed standing chair features flip-back armrests and a detachable, swing-away footrest. Featuring an anterior/posterior stability mechanism and an electric standing mechanism, the chair can be built to suit the individual needs of the user.