Seating & Positioning
Appropriate seating and positioning can enable you to be more comfortable in your wheelchair for longer periods of time while accomplishing more activities such as getting ready in the morning and doing household chores.
- Designed to provide postural integrity, pressure relief and comfort, even to users with very complex postural needs.
- Extreme contouring makes it capable of applying surface contact with the user’s body, while being able to accommodate many different trunk shapes.
- The padded molding structure is composed of a three-layered Spex cube contouring substrate; the best result is achieved by creating areas of greater or lesser support with the adjustment of the multiple layered, padded pocket cells.
- Can also adapt to a user’s changing postural needs.
Matrix Seating USA
- The Micro-Modular Seating insert is capable of unlimited adjustments after the shape has been formed, and without requiring a heat gun.
- Includes a removable shell, and its see-through insert design confirms contact between the user and the seat.
- A proprietary open-cell foam is soft to the touch, but maintains appropriate positioning, breathability and pressure relief.
- Has a breathable cover to reduce moisture.
Q700 M SEDEO PRO
- Combines a highly adjustable seat frame with a broad choice of support and positioning options.
- Ideal for changing conditions and can be easily customized to suit individual requirements.
- Most adjustments can be easily made using just one tool, included on the chair.
- Choose from four backrest options and a full array of legrest options.
- Offers multiple selections for maximum comfort and positioning needs.
- For wheelchair users looking for an accurately fit custom seating solution with a softer, more forgiving sitting surface.
- Ride CAM Wedges can be used to adjust cushion contours to accommodate weight changes, tissue atrophy and postural changes.
- Choose from soft or extra soft foam.
- Has an inner incontinence-proof cover and an outer breathable spacer mesh fabric cover that promotes airflow.
- Made of durable polyurethane foam with a gel insert.
- Construction method provides the comfort and stability of foam, with the additional pressure relief and cooling properties of gel.
- Cover is a moisture-proof nylon fabric with skin protection, and a moisture-wicking ability to keep consumers’ skin dry and comfortable for extended periods of sitting.
- Cushion is 16x18x3".
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Designed to redistribute pressure to assist in the prevention of pressure injuries, the Gel-U-Seat cushion incorporates high-density foam encapsulating a dual-chamber gel bladder for patient comfort.
- A water-resistant, low-shear stretch nylon cover with tie straps secures the cushion to the wheelchair.
- Sizes range from 16x16" to 24x18"; all sizes of this cushion are 3" in height.
- The Matrx PSP (Posture Seat Polymer) cushion includes a molded-in polymer layer for shear reduction and skin protection.
- Anatomically contoured HR foam has Ultra-Fresh anti-microbial and odor protection.
- Signature features include rear cushion radius and a waterfall front edge.
- Ultralightweight (2 lbs. and up) PSP has a reversible Startex outer cover and a zippered Startex inner cover.
- PinDot ContourU 4U custom-molded cushions and backs are seating solutions made easy with four standard configuration models that cover the most popular and most-often-chosen options by PinDot customers.
- To order, just provide one of the four new model numbers, molded shape and cushion width.
- One price covers included options.
- PDAC approval allows you to submit one price for configured product reimbursement.
- An adjustable wheelchair cushion with skin protection features, including a JAY Flow Fluid insert in a package that’s comfortable, stable and supportive.
- Its contoured base is constructed from closed cell foam, providing positioning of the pelvis and thighs.
- Additional positioning is provided by a soft, dense foam top layer that assists in supporting comfort and helps increase sitting tolerance.
- Ideal for users looking for an accurately fit custom seating solution with a softer, more forgiving sitting surface.
- Made specifically to match each individual’s unique shape.
- Choose from two foams: soft or extra soft.
- Ride CAM Wedges can be used to adjust cushion contours to accommodate weight change, tissue atrophy, and postural changes.
- Can be built to virtually any size.
- Therapists recommend the Reflex for clients who are at moderate risk of skin breakdown.
- Therapists value the Reflex because the set amount of immersion conforms to the client’s body, providing comfort and added stability.
- Reflex is ideal for nursing homes, hospitals and other clinical environments where an effective, low-maintenance skin protection wheelchair cushion is required.
- Users and caregivers appreciate Reflex’s ease of use.
Blue Chip Medical Products Inc.
Gel Pro Elite
- A high-density foam shell surrounds a uniquely styled gel bladder to form a comfortable gel cushion
- unsurpassed in pressure redistribution.
- Segmented gel bladder contains an aqueous, highly viscous gel for immersion and envelopment around bony prominences.
- Helps to stabilize and reduce the “rocking” motion found in other types of gel cushions.
- Available in 16", 17", 18", 20" 22" and 24" sizes.
- Combines features needed for optimal pressure relief, while providing unmatched stability and durability.
- Innovative air channels allow more air to move beneath the user in a smoother, more controlled flow to stimulate blood circulation.
- Medical-grade PVC and processes such as patented High Frequency Welding and injection molding make the CG Air durable, while cells retain their shape for stability without splaying.
Stealth Products, Inc.
- A skin protection cushion with a contoured, high-density molded foam base. It features a soft gel top layer for skin protection.
- Contour provides coccyx and sacral relief.
- Cover is standard patented Coolcore technology with optional mesh and Stealth Tek covers available.
- Available in widths from 10" to 24" and depths from 10" to 24".
- Donut seat cushion is designed to provide relief from long hours of sitting, as well as other conditions such as hemorrhoids, tailbone injuries, pregnancy relief/post-natal recovery, and post-surgery recoveries.
- Design includes a generous coccyx cutout and seating wedge shape.
- Includes a removable, washable, two-way-stretch cover.
QUICKIE Q700 M SEDEO ERGO
- Sunrise Medical’s most advanced mid-wheel-drive power wheelchair.
- Delivers intelligent seating for complex mobility, seating and positioning needs.
- Advanced engineering and sophisticated electronics deliver a personalized chair tailored to the client.
- The patented Biometric Repositioning system mirrors the body’s movement through changes in seat positions.
- An all-new feature of this power chair is the SWITCH-IT Remote Seating app.
Stealth Products, Inc.
Essence SPP Cushion
- Features lateral and pre-ischial shelf contours; a high-density, specially formulated foam base; and coccyx and sacral relief.
- The Coolcore cover is standard on the Essence SPP cushion with a four-way-stretch poly liner being optional.
- Comes with optional contour wedges for better positioning in the pelvic region in .5" and 1.5" heights.
- Currently available in the following sizes: 16x16", 16x18", 18x16", 18x18", 18x20", 20x18" and 20x20". Plus, 22" widths will be launching soon in depths of 20", 22" and 24".
Dynamic Health Care Solutions
- This height-adjustable thoracic back provides the opportunity to precisely target the thoracic region.
- An adjustable upper section provides optimal lateral thoracic support.
- A precise system of height adjustment allows for incremental changes; a scapular cutout provides support for the spinal column, plus shoulder freedom for improved wheelchair propulsion.
- Engineered as a two-piece lightweight aluminum shell, the NXT Xtend is also available in an Xtend Deep Model, which offers adjustable contours for optimizing midline support and positioning.
- NXT’s unique, one-hand quick-release provides easy removal of the back.
Stealth Products, Inc.
Pediatric Diego Seating
- Children are not just smaller versions of adults. That’s the reasoning behind the invention of the Diego pediatric seating designed especially for them and their development.
- Named after long-time Stealth Products customer Diego Martin Rios, the Diego system combines modularity for growing kids with the innovation that comes from creating seating especially for children and their unique needs, goals and dreams.
- Designed to keep pace with the ever-changing pediatric market.
- An automatic therapeutic cushion purpose built to prevent and treat existing pressure injuries.
- This cushion changes pressure distribution 60 times per hour, replacing manual pressure lifts.
- Each cushion is custom made to the specific needs of the client, including offloading directly under an existing pressure ulcer while stimulating circulation throughout the posterior.
- The APK2 controller weighs only 2.2 lbs and includes a canvas cover.
- Choose from three cushion firmnesses.
- Optional features include a Bluetooth wireless remote control and a moisture control fan integrated into the cushion.