Seating & Positioning
Appropriate seating and positioning can enable you to be more comfortable in your wheelchair for longer periods of time while accomplishing more activities such as getting ready in the morning and doing household chores.
stable foundation for exploration and
- Lightweight multi-stiffness foam
promotes immersion, stability and positioning,
while the washable, water-resistant
cover lets kids be kids.
- Each cushion features
a VARILITE self-inflating valve for quick and
- Designed specifically for
children using anthropometric data, the
VARILITE JUNIOR line features a full range
of size-appropriate seating and positioning
items to support children in their mobility
devices, allowing them to go where their
imagination takes them.
Matrx PSP Cushion
- Includes a molded-in polymer layer for
shear reduction and skin protection.
- Unique waffled ischial relief;
anatomically contoured HR foam with Ultra-Fresh antimicrobial and odor protection;
and Matrx signature features, including rear
cushion radius and waterfall front edge.
ultralightweight cushion (2 lbs. and up) has a
reversible Startex outer cover and a zippered
Startex inner cover. Available in 14", 16",
17", 18" and 20" seat widths; 300-lb. weight
- Available exclusively on the ROVI A3 power
wheelchair base, the standUP Maxx system
combines power standing with a full range
of power positioning, all in a modular design
with a compact footprint and tight turning
- Offers a range of configurations:
Choices include -45° CG Tilt Only with
Synchronized Center Mount Foot Platform;
-45° CG Tilt Only with Belt Drive Center Mount
Articulating Foot Platform (BDC); and -45°
CG Tilt, 7" Seat Elevation with Synchronized
Center Mount Foot Platform.
QUICKIE Q700-UP M
- Combines the
Q700 M mid-wheel-drive base with Sunrise’s
SEDEO ERGO seating to give users the power
- A new biomechanical standing/seating system gives its user the ability to
stand up to 77° to enhance independence
and function, and to tap into the many
benefits of standing.
- Has up to six
programmable memory positions, accessible
with the touch of a button, to create a
- Features Spider-Trac 2.0 Suspension
Biometric Positioning and reliable 4-pole
- Designed to provide postural integrity, pressure relief and comfort, even to users with very complex postural needs.
- Extreme contouring makes it capable of applying surface contact with the user’s body, while being able to accommodate many different trunk shapes.
- The padded molding structure is composed of a three-layered Spex cube contouring substrate; the best result is achieved by creating areas of greater or lesser support with the adjustment of the multiple layered, padded pocket cells.
- Can also adapt to a user’s changing postural needs.
- For wheelchair users looking for an accurately fit custom seating solution with a softer, more forgiving sitting surface.
- Ride CAM Wedges can be used to adjust cushion contours to accommodate weight changes, tissue atrophy and postural changes.
- Choose from soft or extra soft foam.
- Has an inner incontinence-proof cover and an outer breathable spacer mesh fabric cover that promotes airflow.
Q700 M SEDEO PRO
- Combines a highly adjustable seat frame with a broad choice of support and positioning options.
- Ideal for changing conditions and can be easily customized to suit individual requirements.
- Most adjustments can be easily made using just one tool, included on the chair.
- Choose from four backrest options and a full array of legrest options.
- Offers multiple selections for maximum comfort and positioning needs.
Matrix Seating USA
- The Micro-Modular Seating insert is capable of unlimited adjustments after the shape has been formed, and without requiring a heat gun.
- Includes a removable shell, and its see-through insert design confirms contact between the user and the seat.
- A proprietary open-cell foam is soft to the touch, but maintains appropriate positioning, breathability and pressure relief.
- Has a breathable cover to reduce moisture.
- Donut seat cushion is designed to provide relief from long hours of sitting, as well as other conditions such as hemorrhoids, tailbone injuries, pregnancy relief/post-natal recovery, and post-surgery recoveries.
- Design includes a generous coccyx cutout and seating wedge shape.
- Includes a removable, washable, two-way-stretch cover.
Blue Chip Medical Products Inc.
Gel Pro Elite
- A high-density foam shell surrounds a uniquely styled gel bladder to form a comfortable gel cushion
- unsurpassed in pressure redistribution.
- Segmented gel bladder contains an aqueous, highly viscous gel for immersion and envelopment around bony prominences.
- Helps to stabilize and reduce the “rocking” motion found in other types of gel cushions.
- Available in 16", 17", 18", 20" 22" and 24" sizes.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Designed to redistribute pressure to assist in the prevention of pressure injuries, the Gel-U-Seat cushion incorporates high-density foam encapsulating a dual-chamber gel bladder for patient comfort.
- A water-resistant, low-shear stretch nylon cover with tie straps secures the cushion to the wheelchair.
- Sizes range from 16x16" to 24x18"; all sizes of this cushion are 3" in height.
- Combines features needed for optimal pressure relief, while providing unmatched stability and durability.
- Innovative air channels allow more air to move beneath the user in a smoother, more controlled flow to stimulate blood circulation.
- Medical-grade PVC and processes such as patented High Frequency Welding and injection molding make the CG Air durable, while cells retain their shape for stability without splaying.
- An adjustable wheelchair cushion with skin protection features, including a JAY Flow Fluid insert in a package that’s comfortable, stable and supportive.
- Its contoured base is constructed from closed cell foam, providing positioning of the pelvis and thighs.
- Additional positioning is provided by a soft, dense foam top layer that assists in supporting comfort and helps increase sitting tolerance.
- PinDot ContourU 4U custom-molded cushions and backs are seating solutions made easy with four standard configuration models that cover the most popular and most-often-chosen options by PinDot customers.
- To order, just provide one of the four new model numbers, molded shape and cushion width.
- One price covers included options.
- PDAC approval allows you to submit one price for configured product reimbursement.
Stealth Products, Inc.
- A skin protection cushion with a contoured, high-density molded foam base. It features a soft gel top layer for skin protection.
- Contour provides coccyx and sacral relief.
- Cover is standard patented Coolcore technology with optional mesh and Stealth Tek covers available.
- Available in widths from 10" to 24" and depths from 10" to 24".
- Therapists recommend the Reflex for clients who are at moderate risk of skin breakdown.
- Therapists value the Reflex because the set amount of immersion conforms to the client’s body, providing comfort and added stability.
- Reflex is ideal for nursing homes, hospitals and other clinical environments where an effective, low-maintenance skin protection wheelchair cushion is required.
- Users and caregivers appreciate Reflex’s ease of use.
- The Matrx PSP (Posture Seat Polymer) cushion includes a molded-in polymer layer for shear reduction and skin protection.
- Anatomically contoured HR foam has Ultra-Fresh anti-microbial and odor protection.
- Signature features include rear cushion radius and a waterfall front edge.
- Ultralightweight (2 lbs. and up) PSP has a reversible Startex outer cover and a zippered Startex inner cover.
- Made of durable polyurethane foam with a gel insert.
- Construction method provides the comfort and stability of foam, with the additional pressure relief and cooling properties of gel.
- Cover is a moisture-proof nylon fabric with skin protection, and a moisture-wicking ability to keep consumers’ skin dry and comfortable for extended periods of sitting.
- Cushion is 16x18x3".
- Ideal for users looking for an accurately fit custom seating solution with a softer, more forgiving sitting surface.
- Made specifically to match each individual’s unique shape.
- Choose from two foams: soft or extra soft.
- Ride CAM Wedges can be used to adjust cushion contours to accommodate weight change, tissue atrophy, and postural changes.
- Can be built to virtually any size.
BOSS 657 HD Equalizer
- Offers 0° to 50° of tilt to bariatric clients weighing up to 600 lbs.
- New articulating legrests provide further positioning options.
- 3" center-of-gravity balance adjustment; arms that are height, length, angle and width adjustable; and a seat that adjusts to a 30" width and 26" depth.
- This power chair also achieves a low seat-to-floor height of 17.5" to remain compatible with its user’s environment.
- Available with a solid seat pan or captain’s seating.