Seating & Positioning
Appropriate seating and positioning can enable you to be more comfortable in your wheelchair for longer periods of time while accomplishing more activities such as getting ready in the morning and doing household chores.
- With Dry Floatation and Air Floatation optional air inserts, AGILITY backrests provide superior comfort, protection and postural support.
- AGILITY’s unique hardware makes installation and adjustments easy and quick: Adjust the back height up to 4", depth up to 1" and posterior/anterior tilt by 15°.
- Large shell cutouts and an air, foam and cover ventilation system offer enhanced breathability in a great new look.
- AGILITY shells and hardware have a five-year warranty for performance that lasts, wherever your clients are headed.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
Comfort Touch Cushions
- Includes an elevation wedge, a knee support cushion, a neck support pillow, a seat cushion and a heated lumbar support backrest.
- Many models offer hot and/or cold therapy options.
- The Elevation Wedge (pictured) features 1" of memory foam as its top layer to conform to the user’s head and neck.
- The Wedge can also be used in an upright position to provide lumbar support while sitting in bed.
- The heated Lumbar Support backrest cushion (also pictured) provides postural support and continuous heat therapy to ease back pain and muscle tension wherever a power supply is available.
- Easy Set hardware on the Matrx Elite Back makes it quick to install and allows for adjustments to be made while the user remains seated in the wheelchair.
- Lateral supports provide optimal trunk support while still allowing clearance for shoulders and hips.
- An optional headrest adapter plate mounts directly onto the back, which features a lightweight, stylish shell.
- Removable and adjustable lumbo-sacral support for a custom fit.
- With integrated trunk wings that attach to a planar aluminum back support shell, the back support is adjustable for angle, height and a total of 3" of width (for standard wings; 1.5" for pediatric wings).
- Moldable stays create and maintain natural spinal curvatures, accommodate abnormal curvatures and allow for customization for changes in condition over time.
- Comes with integrated chest harness strap guides and is compatible with the BodiLink head support and lateral trunk support hardware.
- This lightweight, anti-microbial, adjustable kid’s wheelchair back is designed to provide posterior and mild lateral thoracic wheelchair seating support for active children.
- The back has X-static and Aquaguard cover technologies, plus adjustable, one-step-release hardware to accommodate a wide range of mounting locations as kids grow.
- The inner cover with Aquaguard zipper and anti-wicking thread protect the foam from fluids and is easy to clean.
- Widths and heights are sized specifically for kids from 2 to 15 years.
- A 12x12" Zip back weighs just 2.5 lbs. with mounting hardware.
Stealth Products, Inc.
- Comes in three configurations: Active Contour (shown) has a 2" depth, while Deep Contour (4") and Extra Deep Contour (6") offer greater depths.
- Mounts directly to the mounting plate, so no seat depth is lost.
- 19-22" heights/16", 18", 20" widths for tilt and static seating. For power recline seating, order 22-25" heights/16", 18", 20" widths — with custom sizes also available.
- Each Q-Back has a mesh cover.
- Created for users looking for greater sitting stability and improved functional performance, the Java also works to improve skin outcomes, including lower tissue distortion and lower long-term skin risk.
- The cushion redistributes forces of pressure and shear away from high-risk areas, while applying the forces to more tolerant areas.
- Java’s design and cover materials are made to maintain cool, dry skin to encourage potentially lower pressures and less deep-tissue distortion.
- This enhanced sitting performance requires no regular fit-essential maintenance.
- Java can be adjusted using Ride CAM wedges if users’ conditions change.
- Made of urethane foam, this cushion features a space in the pelvic region in which an extra pad — made of gel, air cells or other foams — can be inserted.
- This hybrid concept allows alternating between work on the sitting posture and protection at the skin level.
- Provides better control of the pelvis and increased stability of the trunk.
- Four removable inserts are available for customized applications.
- The contoured foam base is designed to provide relief in the coccyx and sacral areas.
- Engineered for users with current pressure injuries or high risk of developing them.
- Designed for wheelchair users at high risk of tissue breakdown and symmetrical positioning needs, the Evolution offers superior pressure distribution, positioning, stability and comfort.
- The user-friendly cushion requires no pumps, kneading, manipulation or accessories to function.
- VARILITE’s Air-Foam Floatation gives the Evolution an ultralight weight without compromising pressure distribution and comfort.
- Commonly used for wheelchair users with spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy or traumatic brain injury.
- An affordable alternating cushion design to protect users from pressure injuries.
- Subtle massage action promotes circulation to the posterior area to better manage constant pressure.
- Its battery-operated system works similarly to alternating mattresses.
- All system components are built inside the cushion for a clean look and easy handling, with no external box to mount.
- A single switch operates the cushion, which cycles to change pressure load about 60 times per hour.
- The cushion surface is clear coated with a waterproofing agent, and the cover is machine washable.
- In 18x18" size.
Matrx PS Cushion
- A lightweight wheelchair cushion designed to provide superior positioning, stability and comfort, the Matrx PS features ischial relief areas to help maintain pelvic positioning and prevent sliding.
- Durable, high-resilience foam prevents the PS cushion from bottoming out.
- Ultra-Fresh anti-bacterial and odor protection makes this cushion even more user friendly.
- The anatomically contoured shape and innovative reversible outer cover provide a great fit and customized comfort for each user.
- This high-resilience foam cushion is made with Ultra-Fresh anti-microbial and odor protection.
- Designed with the highest levels of skin protection, positioning and adjustability to meet the unique needs of each active user.
- A complete seating solution that provides balance and stability while optimizing independence and function.
- This adjustable cushion is a combination of a JAY Flow Fluid insert and soft, dense foam.
- These features allow the cushion to conform to each user’s shape and ensure proper fluid placement beneath bony prominences to help protect skin from breakdown.
- Contoured base is made of closed-cell foam to provide ideal positioning of pelvis and thighs as well as reduce fluid migration in the insert.
- JAY Flow Fluid allows for deep pelvic immersion into the cushion to distribute pressure and help prevent skin breakdown.
- Available in Reduced Profile, Positioning, Fusion Core and with a single- or dual-valve ROHO air insert.
- A battery-operated, automatic pressure injury treatment cushion.
- Stimulates its user’s circulation by automatically alternating internal air bladders in a way similar to performing a manual pressure lift, but requiring no effort from the user.
- Designed for wheelchair users who have pressure injuries or are at high risk for developing them.
- Has a waterproof foam exterior, adjustable settings, an anti-microbial cover and a run time of more than 40 hours per charge.
- Aquila Corp. can build any size and shape of cushion needed to offload any area.
- A personal electronic cushion security device that offers real-time feedback to ensure proper ROHO cushion inflation range with just the push of a button.
- Can also store recommended ROHO inflation ranges, so consumers and caregivers don’t have to guess about how much air should be in the cushion.
- Smart Check can make ROHO products more accessible to clients who might have been hesitant to try these cushions in the past.
- Made of Ottobock Rest Suspension foam technology, elastically modified for excellent pressure redistribution and improved impact damping compared to standard foams.
- Features an anatomically molded profile with an ischial loading area, and a water-resistant, multi-stretch Dartex outer cover.
- Designed for users at moderate risk of pressure injuries and made to provide a high level of stability due to the Rest Suspension foam and anatomical form of the cushion.
- The foam’s impact-damping properties also help to provide a more comfortable ride.
JUNIOR Seat Cushion
Designed using anthropometric data
- Designed to provide a comfortable, stable foundation for exploration and adventure.
- Lightweight, multi-stiffness foam promotes immersion, stability and positioning, while a washable, water-resistant cover lets kids be kids.
- The JUNIOR has a VARILITE self-inflating valve for quick and easy adjustments.
- Thanks to the use of anthropometric data, VARILITE’s engineers created this cushion with a full range of size-appropriate seating and positioning items.
Freedom NXT Tilt-in-Space
Positioning + Power Add-On
- A lightweight, compact and transportable option made especially for active families.
- Add the new Alber e-fix E35 Power Add-On Drive to create the ride that active kids have been dreaming about and the independence their caregivers have been asking for.
- Families on the go will appreciate how easily it disassembles, lifts and stows into small spaces for transport.
- The entire system adjusts to meet the ever-changing needs of growing children up to 225 lbs.
- The Accessible Designs Inc. (ADI) Q-Back, exclusively for Quantum Rehab’s TRU-Balance 3 systems, features a contoured shell, viscoelastic foam and a breathable cover for optimal positioning, pressure management and comfort for complex rehab clients.
- Available in three contour depths — Active Contour, Deep Contour and Extra Deep Contour.
- Heights from 19" to 25".
- With angle adjustment available via the TRU-Balance 3 seating system, the ADI Q-Back can meet a wide range of challenging needs.
Blue Chip Medical Products Inc.
- Designed to improve comfort and support by eliminating the hammock effect of standard wheelchair backs.
- Created to maintain spinal and shoulder alignment and to provide superior pressure redistribution.
- Available in three configurations: fixed back, adjustable back, or dual-zone back.
- The fixed and adjustable backs are made of high-density Medflex foam, while the dual-zone back has a combination of Medflex and Viscotec memory form for added comfort.
- Vyvex-III non-shear covers.