Seating & Positioning
Appropriate seating and positioning can enable you to be more comfortable in your wheelchair for longer periods of time while accomplishing more activities such as getting ready in the morning and doing household chores.
Invacare Matrx Elan
- With an elegant, supportive and comfortable
design, the new Elan headrest supports a
wide range of pediatric through adult applications.
- Clean, compact and streamlined
aesthetics are complemented by hardware
with six points of adjustment to provide an
infinite choice of positioning opportunities.
- Multi-disk locking provides superior holding
- Co-molded, dual-firmness HR
foam surrounds backing plates and can be
easily removed for modification.
aluminum plates that can be formed to
desired shape, and standard zippered,
moisture-resistant, breathable Startex or
Matrix Seating USA
- Allows modifications to be
made even after the original shape has been
- Unique see-through
design enables clinicians and ATPs to confirm
optimal contact between clients and their
- A breathable, custom cover
maximizes heat and moisture reduction
to help provide superior pressure relief
for wheelchair users of varying needs, in
varying environments and during a wide
range of activities.
Star Cushion Products Inc.
- The new, patented Stabil-Air from Star
Cushion Products uses air and foam technologies
to provide higher levels of stability for
- Designed to offer greater
postural control and improved positioning.
- Combines the dynamic
weight distribution benefits of an air cell
cushion with the stability and positioning
benefits found in foam cushions.
supporter pieces strategically inhabit the
interior of selected air cells of this cushion
in an innovative design that helps users
to achieve both support and stability in
AGILITY Carbon Back System
- With a compression-molded, lightweight
carbon fiber construction, the AGILITY
Carbon combines high-strength performance
with a streamlined design.
single clamps on each side, hardware is
smaller, lighter and stronger than typical
- Discs lock into the
carbon fiber to create a solid backrest; when
loosened, the discs allow the shell to rotate
independently to provide 15° forward/rearward angle adjustment in 5° increments.
- Widths range from 14" to 18" in 1" increments.
- Created for consumers who need a high
level of skin protection, have asymmetrical
postures or require progressive positioning.
- Available in low,
mid or high profiles, in widths and depths
from 12" to 24".
- Made of flame-resistant, black Neoprene
made without latex, and features a stretch
- This cushion is also
suggested for users who have fair to poor
balance or a progressive condition.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- 350-lb. weight capacity --
designed for clients with mild positioning
needs, including kyphosis, rotation, scoliosis
or redundant back tissue.
- 1" thick,
high-density foam pad provides optimal
pressure distribution to enhance client
- Back secures directly over the
wheelchair’s canes for added stability and
- Breathable cover is fluid resistant
and easy to clean and maintain.
- Includes a carry pocket that folds with the
wheelchair for easy portability.
Stealth Products, Inc.
- Contouring depths and location are fully
thanks to an array of interchangeable ribs.
- Made of harmonic
steel central plates that construct the spine;
composite vertebrae; a breathable AirMesh
cover; high-resiliency foam in all pads; and
lightweight aluminum ribs.
allows for an infinite height range (standard
heights are 8-14"), as well as outstanding
- Hardware options include
rigid mount, height-adjustable rigid mount,
quick-remove cane mount and quick-remove,
bolt-on rigidizer bar.
Invacare Matrx MX2
- Unmatched comfort, support and peak
providing more adjustability than ever before.
- Carbon fiber Fixed Mount hardware provides
the ultimate in suspension for shock absorption,
tone control and a comfortable ride.
- Quick-release hardware features popular
Mini-Set brackets for ease of adjustment and
- Solid carbon fiber back shell
is contoured for optimal fit and support, and
cutouts reduce weight and buildup of heat
- Active users will
appreciate the new 6" back height.
Aeromesh Belts & Calf Supports
- Bodypoint shower chair belts and wheelchair
calf supports are made from Aeromesh, a
polyester mesh that is silky and smooth, not
stiff against the skin.
- Water, soap, dirt and air
flow freely through, and Aeromesh’s porosity
prevents buildup of moisture, grime and
- Shower belts have Bodypoint’s strong,
standards-tested side-release buckle, and
oversized D rings for easier grasping.
- Hook-and-loop calf supports, in panel and strap
styles, have an Aeromesh layer against the
skin, with a stiffener layer underneath.
Hybrid Elite SR
- The next generation of hybrid foam-and-air
cushions — combining a stable, contoured
foam base and a ROHO Dry Floatation air
insert — is ROHO’s Hybrid Elite SR.
- A new
sealed, contoured foam overlay improves
comfort along the cushion’s leg troughs
without compromising overall stability.
- Now compatible
with Smart Check, the hand-held device
that helps consumers find and continuously
maintain their proper inflation levels
throughout the day.
Matrx PS Cushion
- Lightweight seat cushion designed
to provide superior positioning, stability
- Helps to maintain the client’s
pelvic position and prevent sliding out of the
wheelchair, while durable, high-resilience
foam prevents clients from bottoming out.
- Made with Ultra-Fresh for antibacterial and odor protection.
- The cushion’s anatomically contoured
shape and innovative, reversible outer cover
provide customized comfort throughout the
day for users with all types of diagnoses and
ROHO Mojo Desiner Cover
- Personalize your cushion with the unique style to show case your personality!
- 80% Nylon, 20% Lycra top cover, Snap closure
- Fabric styles include: tiger, kaleidoscope, musical magic, on the beach, my teddy bear, watercolor, zebra and camouflage.
- With a compression-molded, lightweight carbon fiber construction, the
AGILITY Carbon combines high-strength performance with a streamlined
- With single clamps on each side, hardware is smaller, lighter and
stronger than typical fixed-back
- Discs lock into
the carbon fiber to create a
solid backrest; when loosened,
the discs allow the shell to
rotate independently to provide
15° forward/rearward angle
adjustment in 5° increments.
Matrix Seating USA
Custom-Molded Seats & Backs
- This infinitely adjustable custom-molded wheelchair
seating can be grown to accommodate weight
gain and evolving positioning requirements.
- The design of the seating system provides
optimal pressure distribution and superior
ventilation to reduce buildups of
heat and moisture.
- Because this
system can flex with the wheelchair’s
movements, it maximizes
shock absorption to reduce
shear and pressure.
Axion Rotary Interface
- The Axion enables headrest
pads and head positioning
devices to rotate with the user’s head, thus
transforming static headrests into dynamic
- Combined with the
user’s head support, the Axion allows the
head support to rotate to reduce shear forces
and improve peripheral vision.
support that also enables the head to move horizontally.
Synergy Spectrum Foam
- Constructed of viscoelastic foam with
a four-way-stretch standard cushion
- Available in widths from 10" to 32" and depths from 10" to 28", the Synergy
Spectrum Foam is sized to fit a large range
of your wheelchair users, from pediatric to
adult and bariatric (thanks to the cushion’s
650-lb. weight capacity).
- 3" high and designed to
provide positioning support and skin protection.
- Available options include an incontinence
cover and a solid seat insert.
Dynamic Systems Inc.
- Made of viscoelastic
polyurethane gel foam (Pudgee) on top of
open-cell viscoelastic polyurethane foam
(Sunmate), with a removable, washable
stretch-fabric; waterproof Dartex; or
- Available in 16", 18" and
20" widths and 16", 18" and 20" depths, the
Laminar has an unlimited weight capacity.
- An optional non-halogenated fire retardant
can be added to the SunMate layer for extra
- Other options include generic
contouring and a Dureflex waterproof film.
- Designed for wheelchair
users at high risk of pressure injuries or skin
- Designed for clients at a high risk of skin
breakdown who also require symmetrical
positioning support, including prevention
of posterior pelvic tilt.
- Adjustable, self-inflating, dual-chambered
multi-stiffness foam and air cushion with
- Wave contoured, closed-cell
bases are available for added postural
positioning; a closed-cell Wedge is also an
- Available in widths
from 12" to 24" and depths from 14" to
20" and has a weight capacity of 750 lbs.
- Choose from a tailored mesh or incontinence
Hybrid Elite SR
- The Hybrid Elite Single Compartment
cushion is now Sensor Ready and compatible
with ROHO’s Smart Check feedback
- The Hybrid Elite SR is an adjustable,
air-filled wheelchair support system that
combines the ROHO Dry Floatation cellular
design with a contoured foam base.
built to conform to a client’s seated shape
in the pelvic loading area to provide skin/soft tissue protection, positioning and an
environment to facilitate wound healing.
- Smart Check can assist its user by saving an
inflation range during cushion setup, then
checking the cushion to make sure inflation
remains within the saved range.
Matrx Flovair Contour
- Designed to provide pelvic stability, pressure
management, leg positioning and pressure
relief to wheelchair clients living with
- The moisture-resistant,
zippered inner cushion cover easily wipes
clean for quick and convenient maintenance
for consumer or caregivers.
- The zippered
inner cover design also helps ATPs and clinicians
who need to access the Matrx Flovair
Contour to make seating modifications in
clinical or provider settings.