Reeve Foundation Releases Holiday Gift Guide for Spinal Cord Injury
If you’re not finding the right gift for that special someone with paralysis, you’ll want to immediately check out the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation 2012 holiday gift guide.
More than 70 gifts have been selected specifically for people with paralysis and their caregivers based on feedback from the community of people with spinal cord injury.
"We've also added more 'Reeve Reviews' by those living with paralysis to add color commentary to the gifts,” said Rob Gerth, director of digital media for the Reeve Foundation. “There is something for everyone, including kids, in a range of categories from fashion gifts to healthy living items."
Here are some highlights from the guide:
- Sheepskin Wheelchair Cover – Winterize your wheelchair with this soft sheepskin cover that fits all areas of the wheelchair from the headrest to the footrest pads.
- Learning Martial Arts Basics from The Wheelchair (DVD) – Become a wheelchair ninja with this DVD by instructor Rich Campbell. You’ll learn self-defense while burning off those extra holiday pounds.
- American Girl Doll Wheelchair – This doll-sized wheelchair features wheels that turn, adjustable footrests and a side pocket to hold doll necessities.
- Laptop Laidback – Using a laptop while lying down or reclining has never been easier. Adjust the Laptop Laidback for your comfort level and take it with you on your travels.
- GoPro HD Camera – This hands-free camera is shockproof, waterproof and durable.
Find more gifts here.