Team USA Gears Up for Winter Paralympics
Alpine Skiing Roster Set
If you’re having withdrawals from the Paralympic Games, don’t worry. Team USA is already gearing up for the winter Paralympics. In September, 26 athletes were named to the 2012-13 U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Team.
“I’m very excited for the 2012-13 season. The return of veteran skiers including Allison Jones, Stephani Victor, Scott Meyer and Jasmin Bambur will add some depth to our already strong Nation’s Cup winning team,” said Kevin Jardine, high performance director for U.S. Paralympic Alpine Skiing.
The 2012-13 World Championships are Feb. 18-27, and the World Cup Finals are March 7-12.
Of the athletes, 12 and their guides competed at the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games, including medalists Mark Bathum and guide Slater Storey, Alana Nichols, Laurie Stephens, Danelle Umstead and guide Rob Umstead, and Stephani Victor.
Here’s the full line-up:
- Lindsay Ball (Benton, Maine) and guide Diane Barras (Bethel, Maine)
- Jasmin Bambur (Granby, Colo.)
- Mark Bathum (Seattle, Wash.) and guide Slater Storey (Sun Valley, Idaho)
- Heath Calhoun (Clarksville, Tenn.)
- Ralph Green (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Stephanie Jallen (Harding, Pa.)
- Allison Jones (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
- Andrew Kurka (Palmer, Alaska)
- Stephen Lawler (Burlington, Vt.)
- Jon Lujan (Littleton, Colo.)
- Scott Meyer (Frisco, Colo.)
- Alana Nichols (Farmington, N.M.)
- Patrick Parnell (Columbia, Conn.)
- Gregory Peck (Wasilla, Alaska)
- Caitlin Sarubbi (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and guide Jamie Sarubbi (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Melanie Schwartz (Toronto, Canada)
- Laurie Stephens (Wenham, Mass.)
- Joe Tompkins (Juneau, Alaska)
- Stephani Victor (Park City, Utah)
- Tyler Walker (Franconia, N.H.)
- Chris Devlin Young (Campton, N.H.)
- Danelle Umstead (Park City, Utah) and guide Rob Umstead (Park City, Utah)