U.S. Paralympic Men's Wheelchair Basketball Team Nominated for 2012 Paralympic Games
Paul Schulte at the 2011 Parapan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico. Schulte is among those nominated on the 2012 U.S. Paralympic Men's Wheelchair Basketball Team. Photo courtesy of Getty Images.
After a tryout camp at the SPIRE Institute I Mentor, Ohio, the 2012 U.S. Paralympic Men's Wheelchair Basketball Team has been nominated to compete at the 2012 Paralympic Games. The games will take place Aug. 29-Sept. 9 in London.
"This is such a competitive squad, they really push each other to make the team stronger as a whole," said head coach Jim Glatch in a news release. "We plan to spend the next six months developing the cohesiveness of the team, building line-ups and really focusing on how we all work together. The goal is to have that translate to a medal in London."
The following athletes will represent the United States as part of the team:
- Eric Barber, Whitewater, Wis.
- Joe Chambers, Davis, Calif.
- Nate Hinze, Ripon, Wis.
- Trevon Jenifer, Huntington, Md.
- Jeremy Lade, Janesville, Wis.
- Ian Lynch, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- Jason Nelms, Detroit, Mich.
- Paul Schulte, Bradenton, Fla.
- Matt Scott, Detroit, Mich.
- Steve Serio, Long Island, N.Y.
- Josh Turek, Omaha, Neb.
- Will Waller, Hudson, Ohio