Seating & Positioning
Appropriate seating and positioning can enable you to be more comfortable in your wheelchair for longer periods of time while accomplishing more activities such as getting ready in the morning and doing household chores.
- Integrates the flexible, adjustable BOA closure system that allows the back to offset the center of pressure and better remove pressure points from the spine.
- Equal and stable pressure distribution is accomplished in an “off-the-shelf” back design.
- Available in 16", 18" and 20" widths and 18", 20" or 22" heights.
Icon Back System
- For more versatility and comfort than sling upholstery can provide, the Icon Back System combines quick installation with a wide range of adjustability.
- New VariLock hardware offers simple operation and an integrated permanent mount system.
- Available in four styles (low, mid, tall and deep) and can fit wheelchairs 12" to 24" wide.
Stimulite Slimline XS Cushion
- With a mild contour and profile, Supracor’s Stimulite Slimline cushion is designed for active wheelchair users.
- Thanks to its two-layer honeycomb construction, the cushion is machine washable and lightweight.
- Honeycomb cells flex with movement to reduce shear forces, and the interconnected, open-cell design distributes weight evenly while allowing air movement to promote moisture evaporation.
- A fully automatic alternating system.
- All areas of the posterior experience redistribution of pressure as often as 60 times per hour to lower the risk of pressure-related skin breakdown.
- Battery-operated cushion runs for more than 40 hours on a single charge.
- Every unit is hand-made to the client’s personalized needs — including the locations of current pressure ulcers.
- Power modules are designed and built to ensure they can adapt to the most complex positioning requirements
- Provides the possibility of customization to meet the individual needs of every client.
- Capable of being built to almost any size.
- Made of a Brock composite material that enables air to circulate to keep skin drier.
- Cushion offloads at-risk bony prominences and redistributes sitting forces to areas that can tolerate more weight. The result is a higher level of postural control, plus superior skin protection.
- The E2609 cushion weighs about 3 lbs.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Poziform postural supports include pelvic positioning belts, chest harnesses and lower-extremity supports for pediatric and adult clients.
- The wide range of styles, sizes and materials makes it easy to fit the user.
- Belts and harnesses come with all needed attachment hardware.
iLevel and TRU-Balance 3
WC19-Tested Power Seating
- iLevel and TRU-Balance 3 power seating systems are WC19 crash-test compliant to be used as seating in automotive vehicles.
- Quantum Rehab’s power tilt and recline, articulating foot platform and seat elevation can be used in a crash-tested package on the Q6 Edge, configured individually or together, with up to a 300-lb. weight capacity.
Sunrise Medical (US) LLC
Quickie Centermount Legrest
- Provides an increased range of articulation — now up to 7.5" — to maintain comfortable leg positioning during elevation and to prevent knees from bending during elevation.
- A span of 3" to 19" offers an optimal fit for clients with various lower-leg lengths, and left and right sides can be adjusted independently if needed.
- Extends the footplate to the ground to assist with transfers.
- Compatible with the Quickie QM-7 and Pulse series of power chairs.
Synergy TRU-Comfort 2
- Created for wheelchair users seeking skin protection.
- Constructed of viscoelastic foam with a four-way stretch cover.
- Available in widths from 16" to 22" and in depths of 14" to 24".
- Can handle user weight capacities up to 450 lbs.
Matrix Seating USA
Matrix Easy Fit
- An integrated cushion and washable custom cover: Matrix’s surface module cushions (pads) spread pressure evenly to allow for excellent airflow and to significantly decrease moisture and heat retention.
- The thermo-elastic polymer cushion is designed to provide superior pressure relief and shear reduction.
- A washable, padded cover is available; it secures in place and does not shift around complex curves, yet can be easily removed for cleaning.
- Grows and adjusts per the client’s needs.
Sunrise Medical (US) LLC
- Designed for users at high risk of skin breakdown who also have aggressive positioning needs.
- Features a contoured foam base made of closed-cell foam that’s easy to modify.
- Additional positioning is provided by the soft, contoured top layer.
- Femoral transition and rear wall help prevent fluid migration while gently supporting the trochanters and posterior pelvis.
- With JAY Flow Fluid or ROHO Dry Floatation air inserts to conform to the user’s unique shape.
- Providing exceptional pressure distribution, positioning stability and comfort, the Meridian has two independently adjustable Air-Foam Floatation chambers for maximum pressure distribution and independent positioning of the pelvis and thighs.
- Dual chambers work together to correct sacral sitting by creating a pre-ischial ridge that prevents the ischial tuberosities from sliding forward into posterior pelvic tilt.
- Combine with the contoured Wave base for added stability.
Blue Chip Medical Products Inc.
- Dynamic self-adjusting air bladder system consisting of three individual air cell chambers, which redistribute pressure and adjust to body weight and position.
- Ideal for patients with moderate to high risk of skin breakdown, who require significant postural support, the GRZ allows the therapist to offer correct posture, proper alignment and trunk stability and adjustments for pelvic obliquities.
- Offers the pressure redistributing qualities and comfort of an air wheelchair cushion without a pump or adjustments.
Q6 Edge & iLevel
- Now kids can experience up to 10" of seat elevation at walking speeds up to 3.5 mph thanks to the new Q6 Edge power base and pediatric iLevel technology.
- Tilt, recline and a power articulating foot platform are other positioning options available in sizes starting at 12x12", giving kids better reach in the classroom and on the playground.
Adaptive Engineering Lab
- Can be made to order to fit any frame width, depth or back height needed for pediatric clients, with sizes typically ranging from 10" to 24".
- Choose from signature upholsteries, including breathable IsoLogic Air Mesh with Outlast Temperature-Regulating Coating.
- AEL also offers headrest, lateral, adductor and abductor pads.
Blue Chip Medical Products Inc.
Gel Pro Elite
- A combination of fluidized gel and foam, the Gel Pro Elite car cushion helps to stabilize its user and maintain a proper seated position.
- The shell is made of high-density foam surrounding a segmented aqueous gel bladder.
- The bladder’s fluidized gel provides comfort and optimal pressure redistribution, including in areas where skin is close to the bone.
- Features supportive contours surrounding the pelvis while reducing the pressure around at-risk bony prominences.
- A top visco elastic layer provides protection and comfort while conforming to the body’s shape.
- The contour, a spacer fabric outer cover, and an inner incontinence-resistant cover work to keep both cushion and user dry.
- Built to aid in the reduction of pressure and tissue deformation.
- Patented contour redistributes forces of pressure and shear from high-risk areas, while selectively applying the forces to more tolerant areas to help decrease long-term skin risk.
- Lightweight cushion is also engineered to help skin stay cooler and drier, while improving sitting stability.
i-Fit Chest Straps
- Made of open-cell material that allows air to circulate and moisture to escape for a cooler, drier, more comfortable experience.
- A slight offset allows for easy adjustment of the chest strap without loosening the anchor bolts.
- The dynamic support provides postural control, a degree of trunk movement and a softer fit on the body.
- Allows movement within a limited range.