Seating & Positioning
Appropriate seating and positioning can enable you to be more comfortable in your wheelchair for longer periods of time while accomplishing more activities such as getting ready in the morning and doing household chores.
QUICKIE SEDEO PRO
- For moderate to complex clinical needs, the SEDEO PRO combines a highly adjustable seat frame with a broad choice of support and positioning options.
- Truly modular in design, this seating system provides a new level of functionality, comfort, and design.
- It’s ideal for changing conditions and can be easily customized to suit individual requirements and quickly adapted to changing needs.
- Adjustments can be easily made using just one tool.
- Choose from four backrest options and a full array of footrest options.
- The easy to operate flip-back armrest provides unencumbered transfer space.
Shoulder Harness Strap Guides
- These sleek, easy-to-install guides optimize the positioning and comfort of chest and shoulder harness straps on almost any backrest, while enabling the use of harnesses on more chairs.
- The thin, stylish design with long mounting slots is widely compatible with different harnesses, pull-styles and end fittings.
- Optional Mounting Adapter plates provide even more mounting and adjustment possibilities.
- Details include built-in threaded holes that allow attachment of harness end fittings directly to strap guides.
APEX Headrest Pads
- Engineered using the highest-quality materials to provide a plush, yet supportive headrest pad, the new APEX Headrest Pad line is a stylish solution for headrests with a focus on craftsmanship, simplicity and durability.
- Features an adjustable contour (alloy shell), dual-layer plus foam, a zipper-free design, a removable Neoprene or Dartex reversed cover; and a shell embedded into foam for edge protection.
- Pads are available in oval (widths of 8", 10", 12", 14") or winged (9" or 11") shapes. The winged shape can be positioned with the wings at the top or the bottom.
- An innovative design to maximize independence while providing an appealing look and feel.
- Configurations include 12" iLevel power adjustable seat height, power tilt, power recline, power articulating foot platform, static seating and manual recline.
- iLevel is available on the Edge 3, Q6 Edge 2.0, Q6 Edge Z, and Q6 Edge 2.0 X; 10" of safe seat elevation is offered on the 4Front.
- Offer higher weight capacities and expanded seating sizes.
- Configurations with a 450-lb. weight capacity include HD power tilt, HD power recline, and static seating.
Dynamic Health Care Solutions
- Features an aluminum three-section modular shell with a dual-density visco gel and polyurethane foam back cushion.
- Adjusts to the contour of each user’s spine and accommodates users with kyphosis and spinal deformities.
- Provides aggressive support of the PSIS and is ideal for supporting optimal or neutral pelvic positions in a step-by-step process.
- The back features incrementally adjustable width, depth and angle.
- It wraps around the curve of the spine for users with kyphosis and offloads the spinous process in the recess of the middle channel.
Stealth Products, Inc.
Pediatric Diego Seating
- Children are not just smaller versions of adults. That’s the reasoning behind the invention of the Diego pediatric seating designed especially for them and their development.
- Named after long-time Stealth Products customer Diego Martin Rios, the Diego system combines modularity for growing kids with the innovation that comes from creating seating especially for children and their unique needs, goals and dreams.
- Designed to keep pace with the ever-changing pediatric market.
- An automatic therapeutic cushion built to prevent and treat existing pressure sores.
- Changes pressure distribution 60 times per hour, replacing the need for manual pressure lifts.
- Each cushion is custom made to the needs of the client and can offload directly under an existing pressure ulcer while stimulating circulation throughout the posterior.
- System components are integrated into the cushion base, so there is no separate control box to mount.
- Operates via Bluetooth wireless technology and features a redundant power switch on the side of the cushion.
Dynamic Health Care Solutions
- This height-adjustable thoracic back provides the opportunity to precisely target the thoracic region.
- An adjustable upper section provides optimal lateral thoracic support.
- A precise system of height adjustment allows for incremental changes; a scapular cutout provides support for the spinal column, plus shoulder freedom for improved wheelchair propulsion.
- Engineered as a two-piece lightweight aluminum shell, the NXT Xtend is also available in an Xtend Deep Model, which offers adjustable contours for optimizing midline support and positioning.
- NXT’s unique, one-hand quick-release provides easy removal of the back.
BOSS 657 HD Equalizer
- Offers 0° to 50° of tilt to bariatric clients weighing up to 600 lbs.
- New articulating legrests provide further positioning options.
- 3" center-of-gravity balance adjustment; arms that are height, length, angle and width adjustable; and a seat that adjusts to a 30" width and 26" depth.
- This power chair also achieves a low seat-to-floor height of 17.5" to remain compatible with its user’s environment.
- Available with a solid seat pan or captain’s seating.
Stealth Products, Inc.
Diego Pediatric Seating
- Inspired by the everchanging complex rehab industry and the need for pediatric seating system designed for that market.
- A pediatric modular growth seating system.
- Sound positioning features in a next-generation seating system that is not just a scaled-down version of an adult seat, but one designed specifically for a smaller user.
Stimulite Tension Adjustable
- Weighs 3 to 4 lbs. and has a weight capacity of 350 lbs.
- Contouring naturally to the user’s body, perforated honeycomb cells circulate air and evaporate moisture while equalizing pressure for comfort and stability.
- The “footprint” of the flexible honeycomb cells stimulates blood flow to enhance circulation and prevents bruises in the lower back.
- Naturally antimicrobial and completely recyclable, and is also machine washable.
- Cover is removable and breathable.
- The Java’s patented biomechanical design provides the flexibility to easily and independently optimize pelvic support and balance the trunk, supporting the normal rhythm and movement of the body.
- Available in widths of 14-20".
- Three back heights: Regular (below scapulae), Tall (mid scapulae) and Grande (top of shoulder; all heights are available in 3" or 6" depth.
- Height, depth, angle, pelvic support and trunk balance can be independently adjusted.
- Simple, compact quick-release hardware offers 20° of back angle adjustability, 2" of seat depth availability and 2" of back width adjustability.
ROHO AGILITY Active Back
- Available in aluminum or carbon fiber shells, the Active Series Back Support line is designed for wheelchair users with active lifestyles.
- Weights start at 2.1 lbs. with integrated hardware.
- Durable Zytel discs to ensure the adjustments that users need during setup and support for everyday performance.
- Feature 15° forward and rearward locking angle adjustments to dial in the best fit.
- Offered in lengths starting at 8" and widths from 14" to 18".
- Offers a range of width, height and contour depth shells to fit varying needs.
- Lightweight and adjustable, with many hardware choices for easy installation.
- J3 hardware uses a clamp style to fit frame tubing from 3/4" to 1 1/8", making it a highly compatible aftermarket option.
- Solid shell comes in five contour shapes and four support heights to provide support for different postures and functional needs.
- 20° of angle adjustability and +2" of width adjustment
- Available in a carbon fiber shell that weighs as little as 2.2 lbs. with RH hardware.
Icon Back System
- Keeps users, caregivers and techs in mind by delivering fast installation, versatile adjustability and simple operation.
- Icon backs include VariLock hardware and VARILITE air-foam flotation cushions for superior comfort.
- Just two components need to be attached to the chair; all others are pre-installed.
- Adjusting angle, depth, width and height for an Icon back is simple: Adjustment screws are accessible from the rear of the back support or outside of the cane brackets, so adjustments can be made while the user is in the chair.
- Operating the system is as easy as opening the caps and sliding the back support out of the hardware.
Free Form Seating
- Combines customizability with ease of use and adjustability.
- Allows for gradual corrective positioning and also can accommodate growth and weight fluctuations.
- Modules can be removed or recessed for total off-loading.
- Designed to be lightweight and breathable, while also being able to support users with kyphosis, scoliosis, lordosis or other positioning challenges.
- This back can be covered with the most appropriate padding for each user, and Free Form’s design can dampen vibration and provide some dynamic movement.
Stealth Products, Inc.
True Forming Back
- Designed for comfort, a custom fit and trouble-free adjustability.
- Easily accessible hardware is available in both two- and four-point mounting options and is neatly hidden behind a Velcro in-place flap to maintain a sleek and clean appearance.
- Comes with patented Coolcore technology on the seat and back cover options.
TRU-Comfort 2 Back Cushion
- Provides adjustable positioning and pressure management.
- Compatible with both TRU-Balance 3 Power Positioning Systems and the Static Seat Frame System.
- Four-way stretch, recovery, fluid-resistant, breathable cover.
Inspired by Drive
- Designed for children with limited mobility.
- The base provides tilt-in-space pressure relief that shifts pressure away from posterior locations; Quick-Lok reversible seat positioning to allow the seat to be moved from a forward to a backward position; adjustable postural support for added comfort; adjustable and removable armrests; and transit brackets for safe transport.
- Available in three colors and two sizes.
- Optional accessories include all-terrain rear wheel, oxygen tank holder, canopy, molded tray and Poziform belts and harnesses.
- Seating system sold separately.
- IRIS is an acronym for Intelligent Rotation in Space. Created by Sunrise Medical in 2006, Rotation-in-Space or Tilt-in-Space helps to facilitate respiration, feeding, pressure relief and visual alignment for the wheelchair user.
- Features up to 55° of Intelligent Rotation in Space Technology, the broadest range of positioning and caregiver options, numerous adjustments, and it’s one of the lightest and strongest tilt-in-space wheelchairs available today.
- Intelligent Rotation in Space technology means the seat frame rotates around the user’s center of gravity.
- Available in adult or pediatric models.