Accessibility solutions include wheelchair-accessible vehicles, driving controls operated by hand, accessible seating and more technology aimed at helping mobility users on the road.
Thomashilfen North America
- Designed to optimally position kids with special needs.
- Features adjustable lateral supports, a full-range positioning harness and a swivel base for easy, safe transport.
- 12-lb. seat is easy to move between vehicles.
- Fits kids weighing 33.1 to 110.2 lbs.
- Versatile flooring and seating system enables commercial vehicles to accommodate passenger seating, wheelchairs and even stretchers in whatever configuration needed.
- A uniform design — “X” track rails are installed on a uniform floor grid — so fleets of different vehicle brands can share the same system and components.
- Seat bases can be added, moved or removed in seconds to ensure vehicles can meet whatever configurations are required at a specific time.
- Combines advanced technology with the space-saving Ford Explorer.
- An accessible SUV with a power door, kneel and ramp system, plus redesigned, removable front seats to enable the wheelchair user to drive, ride as a passenger or ride in the center.
- The sliding front shifter provides extra space up front.
- Outdoors adventurers can add the optional tow package.
- 28.5" door opening width, 55" door opening height, an interior height of 59" and a 28"-wide ramp.
Pride Mobility Products
Lift Finder Tool
- A powerful new tool for finding the right combination of Pride Mobility lift, automotive vehicle and Pride mobility device.
- Select a combination of automotive vehicle and mobility device, then the online Lift Finder reveals a list of compatible lifts.
- Compare lifts and click on links to read each product’s specifications.
- Ask to be contacted by a Pride Lift provider in their neighborhoods.
- The Lift Finder database is updated constantly.
Turny Evo Swivel Seat
- Enables an automotive seat to rotate toward the door opening for easier transfers whether the user is standing or in a wheelchair.
- The seat lift version enables the seat to exit the vehicle and lower to a suitable transfer height.
- Crash tested to traditional automotive standards and beyond, namely a 30-G crash with a 102-kg crash-test dummy.
- Autoadapt points out that using original automotive seating provides for better seatbelt geometry and effectiveness for the rider.
Vantage Mobility International
Toyota Northstar E360
- ADA-compliant minivan designed for commercial use.
- Features a side-entry system with an in-floor ramp for easy and convenient passenger boarding.
- A deep-drop floor provides a tall door opening with an unobstructed entrance.
- Has plenty of interior space for wheelchairs and passengers to maneuver.
- Complies with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility requirements as soon as it rolls off the assembly line.
- An extra-wide passenger door opening, an integrated in-floor ramp and a floor-to-ceiling height nearly 5' tall make the MV-1 ready for wheelchair users from day one.
HAULWAY Vehicle Lift
- Available in multiple sizes and with a range of options designed to make transporting power chairs and scooters quick and efficient.
- Built to be able to adjust to most mobility vehicles as well as automotive vehicles.
SUITCASE Singlefold Ramp
- Offers superior strength in a lightweight, portable package.
- Smooth, quiet action of its continuous, full-length, low-profile hinge.
- An extruded, slip-resistant surface offers excellent traction, while the self-adjusting bottom transition plates provide an easy conversion from ramp to ground.
- Available in 2', 3', 4', 5', 6', 7' and 8' lengths and unfold to a 30" wide surface.
- Maximum weight capacity is 800 lbs.
Sienna with Auto Access Seat
As seen at the San Jose Abilities Expo: Built by Toyota specifically for its popular Sienna minivan and installed by the manufacturer, the Auto Access seat lifts up and rotates to provide easier transfers for consumers. It’s available for the Sienna LE or XLE models, and since the seat is designed and made by Toyota, it perfectly matches the rest of the Sienna interior. The Auto Access Seat, with a weight capacity of 330 lbs., is covered under Toyota’s factory warranty.
The “platform-less” Superarm lift can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle with minimal modification needed and fits most minivans and full-sized vans. The Superarm lift can wield up to 600 lbs. and has also been adapted to fit applications such as yachts and homes — so contact Handicaps to ask what sorts of customizations are available.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
These scooter and wheelchair ramps are available in a range of sizes to meet many different needs. Perforations prevent water from collecting on ramp surfaces. When the ramps aren’t needed, they can be easily removed and stored in their carrying bags until the next use.
Toyota Northstar Access360
This side-entry conversion for the Toyota Sienna provides 360° of wheelchair maneuverability inside the cabin, plus industry-leading headroom inside and at the door, especially helpful for large power chairs and tall passengers. Entering/exiting the Sienna occurs at the touch of the OEM vehicle remote. When the ramp is deployed, the Powerkneel system lowers the vehicle and reduces ramp angle.
Designed to provide maximum independence, the QLK-150 docking system is ideal for wheelchair users who drive their own vehicles or want to quickly secure their own chairs via a single-point system. The QLK-150 has been successfully crash tested to higher WC19 loads, and has been tested forward, rearward and sideways. It features a compact design with a larger touch area and embedded LED indicators to show system status. A “flush” surface eliminates snags and gives 3/16" of additional bolt clearance.
DARIOS Hand Controls
As seen at the San Jose Abilities Expo: Combining function with beautiful form, DARIOS driving controls feature a digital ring installed on the steering wheel — without interfering with steering wheel airbag deployment. A wired connection between the steering wheel and the dashboard transmits the position of the accelerator ring to the gas pedal. KEMPF says DARIOS was tested in Daimler AG labs in Germany and found to be immune to electromagnetic noise, thus preventing unintentional accelerations.
AutoAbility offers its Advantage series of rear-entry, wheelchair-accessible minivan conversions for the Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country and Toyota Sienna models. Several seating configurations are offered to provide greater flexibility for both wheelchair users and other passengers. AutoAbility says its vehicles are fully crash tested and exceed FMVSS and CMVSS impact requirements for frontal, side and rear offset and rollover standards.
Prairie View Industries
PVI’s TrekAway Independence platform lifts are loaded with features to enhance user efficiency. The lifts feature SmartPoint technology, so they know when to fold out of the way during operation. A Plug-N-Play option and a “quick-charge” removable lithium battery can get consumers back on the road in 30 minutes or less. The lifts have a 350-lb. lifting capacity via a platform measuring 27.5x39". They’re compatible with Class II or III hitches.
Prairie View Industries
Multifold Reach Ramp
The ideal portable vehicle ramp combines strength and light weight so it can support a wide range of mobility vehicles, but still be easy to handle. The Multifold Reach ramp does just that: Available in lengths ranging from 6' to 10', it has a weight capacity of 700 to 800 lbs., but weighs just 36 to 63 lbs., depending on length. An extended hook helps to clear rear bumpers without sacrificing strength. Includes a limited lifetime warranty.