Calling All Inventors: Contest Wants Your Life-changing Ideas
Your chance to change the future ends July 1, 2013. That’s the deadline for the COMSOL, SAE International and Tech Briefs Media Group 11th annual Create the Future Design Contest.
A cash prize of $20,000 will be given for an innovative new product idea that benefits society and the economy.
Past contests have generated more than 9,000 design ideas from engineers, educators and students in more than 100 countries. Previous grand prize winning entries include
- A key fob-sized device that makes smart phones "smarter" by enabling consumers to run a variety of low-cost sensing applications
- An economical, rapid screening device to prevent food-borne illness
- A wheelchair propulsion system designed to increase the user's mobility while decreasing upper body, repetitive stress injuries
- A mechanism that makes CPR easy and safe for anyone to perform
- A fuel-saving motor/pump for cars and trucks.
Winners in each of the seven categories will win a Hewlett-Packard workstation computer. The categories are consumer products, electronics, machinery & equipment, medical, safety and security, sustainable technologies and transportation.
Entries can be submitted by an individual or a team. An independent industry panel will judge the entries. Web site visitors are invited to vote for their favorite entry. For more information, click here.